Unit 1: Introducing national language to migrants
- Main ideas
The core concepts for the 1st U.L. are to:
- Define the role of a Lay Teacher and the special characteristics of this professional group.
- Improve the beneficiaries’ communication skills, through innovative linguistic techniques, which will be delivered in an easy and clear way.
- Make correlations between the National Language and the culture.
- Enhance the communication and collaboration skills between the target group and migrants.
- Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this Learning Unit, the participants will be able to:
- Define themselves and their employment better, as well as the needs that their role acquires.
- Help the migrants, refugees or asylum seekers to develop basic communication skills in a second language; for example, some basic speaking, writing or reading skills in the Lay teacher’s national language.
- Use exercises, in order to collaborate with their students, with the ultimate aim of being the teaching of their national language within their role to the highest level possible.
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 3
- Duration 6 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 10
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self
- Are you a Lay Teacher (and you don’t know it, yet)?”
- Introducing National Language to Migrants through relevant methodologies: Speaking and Listening
- Introducing National Language to Migrants through relevant methodologies: Writing and Reading
- Education and Language from an Experiential perspective
- Empathise with the migrant /refugee student