Unit 2: Active Learning Pedagogies
- Main ideas
- Fundamentals on Paulo Freire’s Pedagogy (Culture of Oppression, Banking Concept of Education, Conscientization and empowerment, etc.) applied to migrant population situation and problematic.
- Basic knowledge on diversity management and intercultural relationships (minority and majority groups).
- Knowledge on Active Learning as a learner centred pedagogy and as an instructional method.
- Knowledge of the concept and values of non-formal learning as an educational practice.
- Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this Learning Unit, the participants will be able to:
- Understand identity, culture and related aspects and dimensions from different perspectives.
- Communicative language competences: Linguistic (lexical, grammatical, semantic, orthographic); sociolinguistic (linguistic markers of social relations, politeness conventions), etc.
- Develop educational programs based on Active learning pedagogy
- Develop an educational approach based on formal, non-formal and informal education principles.
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 6 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 4
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self